MUIZENBERG SURF LESSONS & RENTALS
We have a shop on Muizenberg beach front that offers level 1 beginner surf lessons and surfboard & wetsuit rentals
We are the oldest surf school in Cape Town, established in 1989. We will get you geared up and our experienced instructors will teach you the basics you need to know to get you up and riding on a wave, we will also teach you about safety in the water. We also have a complete Mobile Surf School that offers level 2 intermediate Surf lessons (transported option available) at Cape Town’s best surf spots.
Our Mobile Surf School offers Guided day surf trips around Cape Town & Surf trips in Africa.
For other attractions in Muizenberg click here
MUIZENBERG OPEN HOURS
Everyday 8am - 5pm
(Closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years day)
All our lessons are done around the low tide, this is because the waves break further out giving you a longer ride.
MUIZENBERG SURF RENTALS PRICING
We have a wide range of surfboards from 5’5 ft up to 11ft, soft tops, fiberglass, epoxy, you name it, we got it! We also have wetsuits to fit all sizes. Rash vests, leashes, and body boards are also available for rental & purchase. We have a locker room monitored by CCTV surveillance where you are able to leave your bags while you are in the water (free of charge).
Lessons need to be booked due to tidal changes, rentals are available anytime, no need to book!
*An I.D or driver's license is required for all rentals and will be returned after your surf.
Booties, leashes, bodyboards and flippers are available for rent on request.
SURF LESSON AND RENTAL BOOKING
MUIZENBERG SURF LESSONS PRICING
- 1 Hour Lesson inclusive of wetsuit & surfboard R500 or for R650 you get an additional hour by yourself to practice and have fun
- 1 Hour Private lesson with wetsuit & surfboard - R750 pp
- 2 Hour Private lesson with wetsuit & surfboard – R950 pp
We also offer a Budget lesson for students and volunteers (minimum of 4 people required)
- R400 pp including wetsuit and surfboard for 1 hour or for an extra R100 you get an additional hour by yourself to practice and have fun
- Please bring your student card or letter from your volunteer organisation